Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewing tomorrow
Another brew day yesterday. Made a Belgian Tripel. All 5 taps will be running again shortly.
*brings chips*
(08-27-2023, 02:41 PM)Gusso Wrote: Another brew day yesterday. Made a Belgian Tripel. All 5 taps will be running again shortly.

Gonna keg this up this afternoon.
I have 2 brews going. Made a White Christmas Stout a few days ago (wife's request) and did a Baltic Porter yesterday. I used dried Lutra Kveik yeast in the BP. That stuff is insane - fermentation took off 2 hours after pitching. In 24 hours the gravity has dropped from 1.089 to 1.030.
Brewing this weekend some time. Probably do 10 gallons of an APA so I have beer. Christmas brew will be the following weekend.

Won some dead homebrewer's stuff at an estate auction on Saturday. Big items were a Blickman plate chiller, a refractometer, and a monster mill. I need to clean/play around with them before using them for brewing, but it was a good haul for $38. I have 5 regulators that I have to check, one labeled "good"
Ended up brewing on Halloween, and just kegged it yesterday. With our high of 26 yesterday, was able to cold crash it on my back porch. Hoping to brew an Old Fezziwig clone this weekend. Might need to celebrate Orthodox Christmas this year to enjoy it at Christmas time.
Old Fezziwig was ready in time for Christmas, actually 2 days before. Recipe was good, first time using it.

I'm done until March/April now since I don't like freezing my ass of while brewing.
I'm looking at a brewday this weekend or early next week. No idea of what I'm brewing but I have 2 open taps.
Perhaps, a tropical lager. Got 2 pounds of Lotus hops recently - fantastic in IPAs. Might be interesting.
Picked up a couple of sacks of grain yesterday - Golden Promise and Pilsner.